Mini Review (ARC): Insomnia


Title: Insomnia
Author: J.R. Johansson
Series: The Night Walkers #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Mystery
Publication Date: June 8th 2013
My Rating: 4 Stars

Her eyes saved his life.

Her dreams released his darkness.

After four years of sleeplessness, high school junior Parker Chipp can't take much more. Every night, instead of sleeping, he enters the dreams of the last person he's made eye contact with. If he doesn't sleep soon, Parker will die.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. But what starts out as a chance meeting turns into an obsession; Parker's furious desire for what he needs pushes him to extremes he never thought he'd go. And when someone begins to terrorizing Mia with twisted death threats, Parker's memory blackouts leave him doubting his own innocence.

  Insomnia was a compelling read in such a manner that I couldn't put down the book. It was gripping and interesting, and I just wanted to read the book as fast as I could because I just had to know what is happening. 

  This book is memorable for me because this is one of my first mystery books aside from Nancy Drew and others from my childhood. Though I'm not really open to any other genres aside from Contemporary Romance, this book caught my attention and I am really happy that I decided to read it despite earlier doubts. 

  Actually, while I was reading, couldn't stop myself from telling my friends about it, and I'm proud to say that I got them excited too, and they've been waiting for the publication ever since! 

  This book opened me up to the mystery genre a bit, and I really recommend this because it's exciting and gripping, and you won't be disappointed! I'm so excited to read the next book!


Labels: , , , , , ,